Ph.D. Program in Maritime Science and Technology, College of Maritime
Ph.D. Program in Maritime Science and Technology integrates five departments of College of Maritime including Department of Shipping Technology, Department of Marine Engineering, Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Department of Telecommunication Engineering, and Department of Maritime Information and Technology. Considering it is hard to cultivate professional and practical ocean engineering advanced talents especially in technical and vocational education,「Ph.D. Program in Maritime Science and Technology」based on the ideas of「interdisciplinary specialties, sustainable marine development, and priorities for technological and vocational talents」for international technique research center is established in order to provide advanced and best marine techniques, educate marine talents for research development, and implement national policies of Indigenous defense warship and offshore wind energy proactively.
- Core curriculum: marine case study, seminar discussions, Engineering Ethics and Marine Sustainability.
- Industrial internship research curriculum: to achieve the goal of 「Industry-academia Cooperation and Priorities for Technical and Vocational Education」surely, students are specially required to take the courses such as「Practical study」or 「Topic study」before graduation and invite directors and experienced supervisors in different fields from Formosa Plastics Group to deliver both excellent and practical lectures and arrange a visit to Mailiao Industrial Complex
- Specialty (professional) advanced curriculum:
- Specialty of underwater communications and electronics: combine the development of water and underwater communication system, and provide students with marine-related semiconductor courses such as Advanced Underwater Signal Processing, Underwater Sensor System and Design, Underwater Sensor Technology Applications, Development of Engineering Software, and Marine and Offshore Green Energy System and so on.
- Ocean engineering: develop green energy ocean engineering research and provide students with courses such as Special Topics on Ship Propulsion Theory, Special Topics on Ship Structure Design, Computational Fluid Dynamics - Fundamental, Special Topics on Marine Safety Equipment Design, Marine Hydrodynamics Analysis, and Project Evaluation : Methods and Applications and so on.
- Ocean environment and physics: emphasize the investigations of inshore environment pollution and provide students with the courses such as Project Management for Science and Technology Researches, Marine Issues Research Method, Marine Environmental Systems Analysis, Advanced Air Pollution Prevention and Control, Hazardous Waste Site Investigation and Remediation, Monitoring and Assessment of Sediments, and Risk Based Corrective Action in Remediation and so on.
- Ship transportation: combine ship transportation and technical skills to evolve the development research of green ship and unmanned ship skills to promote the plan and research of ship transportation and so on.
►Link Url : https://mst.nkust.edu.tw/?Lang=en